- International Journal of Uyghur Studies is an open access
- The International Journal of Uyghur Studies is a peer-reviewed journal and is published as two (2) numbers in six (6) month periods (June-December).
- International Journal of Uyghur Studies may include articles on the general issues of Turkology as well as Uyghurs. In addition to these, he published scientific articles, compilations, book reviews / reviews, translations and translations related to other Turkish tribes (Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Turkmen, etc.) related to language, literature, folklore, history, art, culture and economy. is a peer-reviewed electronic journal.
- The submission of the manuscript to the journal is accepted as an application for publication. There is no royalty fee for the articles.
- All legal responsibility for the contents of the articles published in the journal belongs to the author or authors.
- The International Journal of Uyghur Studies has the right to publish or not publish the articles, and to make corrections if necessary.
- All publication rights of the articles and other works published in the journal belong to International Journal of Uyghur Studies.
- General publication language of the journal is Turkish. Turkish and English titles of non-Latin alphabet should be given and their bibliography should be indicated in Latin.
- Every submitted articles is initially reviewed by the Editorial Board in terms of formal conformity to the Editorial Principles of the journal (the number of key words, the number of words, the writing of the source, etc.). At this stage, The Editorial Board only tries to ensure formal appropriateness to the Editorial Principles and does not make any assessment of the content.
- After the preliminary examination of the Editorial Board, the manuscripts are sent to the two journal referees. Articles that receive a publishable report from both journal referees are published. If one of the two judges presents a positive report and a negative report, the article is sent to a third journal referee. According to the report of the third journal referee, it is decided whether the article will be published or not.
- At the beginning of the article, at least 150 maximum 300 words in Turkish and English abstract, 5-word keywords in Turkish and English; Turkish and English (secondary language) titles should be included. The abstract should be informative about the scope, purpose, method, effects and results of the study.
- When the manuscript is sent to the journal for the first time, it should not include information such as author name, footnote title, office and e-mail address. This information will be added by the editor to the manuscript after the manuscript has been submitted by the editor, as it is already visible by the editor. Therefore, when the manuscripts are entered into the system, it should be checked that any information belonging to the author is not included in the article. This aspect is important to allow the journal referees to review the article more easily.
- Article can be sent by clicking on the Article Submission tab at http://dergipark.gov.tr/uygur after registration. You can follow the journal referee process by logging-in from the same page. After this process, for making corrections, reports from the journal referees should be expected. Because authors can add a correction to the system once. Because when an journal referee makes the correction and the writing is added to the system, the requested corrections cannot be made if a second referee wants to correct it in the next stage.
- International Journal of Uyghur Studies does not demand any charge for texts which will be published in the journal.
- The manuscripts submitted to the journal should not be published before. The publication of the unpublished symposium papers in the form of a book is possible provided that this is stated.
- Researcher identification numbers are used in order to prevent some problems arising from the similarities between the names / institutions in the scientific studies of scientists and academicians. Within the scope of the studies carried out with the cooperation between TÜBİTAK-ULAKBİM and YÖK, it was decided to use ORCID information. Authors who submit articles to our journal are required to submit their ORCID ID numbers to the editor together with the article texts. The work of the authors who do not submit the ORCID number will not be published.
- Manuscripts must be submitted in the format indicated below. Articles not entered into the system in this format will not be evaluated.
- Click here for article writing rules and submission guideliness.
All papers which is submitted to International Journal of Uyghur Studies pursue the following processes:
Every submitted articles is initially reviewed by the Editorial Board in terms of formal conformity to the Editorial Principles of the journal. At this stage, the Editorial Board only tries to ensure formal appropriateness to the Editorial Principles and does not make any assessment of the content.
Each papers which is provided formal conformity by the Editorial Board are sent to the Editorial Board. But at this stage, the name of the author and other expressions that will reveal the author are hidden by the Editorial Board. Editorial Board makes the necessary reviews within 20 days at the latest and papers which proper to publishing policy and editorial principles of the journal are sent to two journal referees at the latest who is expert in appropriate field for evaluation. Papers which do not proper to publishing policy and editorial principles of the journal and scientific publication criterion are rejected by the Editorial Board. Referees Board of the articles which bring out in each issue is published on the generic page of the journal.
International Journal of Uyghur Studies explain briefly justification of the decision for papers which is not proper in referee reports. The journal aims to inform authors on this topic and give advice for new papers to be sent to the journal.
After the preliminary review of the Editorial Board in terms of compliance with the journal criterias, articles being considered for publication are sent to two anonymous referees for evaluation. Articles that receive a “publishable report” from both referees are published. If one of the two referees reports a negative other, the article will be sent a third. According to the report given by the third referee Editorial Board places a final decision.
If the third referee does not accept the examination or do not reach a positive or negative view, in rare cases, a new referee is assigned by the Editorial Board for the article and the article is assessed again in the next publishing period.
In view of these processes, the journal does not make a commitment to the authors about the publication period. However, it is foreseen that the completion of the refeere process will be completed within 12 months at the latest.
International Journal of Uyghur Studies carry out method of evaluation called “blind refeere” by TÜBİTAK/ULAKBİM. Accordingly, at any stage of the examination, the author’s name isn’t given to refeere and the referee’s name isn’t given to the author by the Editorial Board. The evaluation reports are preserved for five years. Editorial Board has right to decide to publish or not to publish the submitted articles. All correspondences of the authors are carried out via the address of the email@example.com and DergiPark system. Papers that are not accepted for publication can not be returned. Also, the journal do not demand any charge for articles which will be published in the journal.
International Journal of Uyghur Studies aims to publish scientific papers in various countries and different disciplines in the fields of Uyghur studies; to provide knowledge flows by making these studies accessible in the international criteria and, thus, to contribute the development of Turcology and aims to constitute a body of literature in the field of Turcology. The journal has an international qualification which is scanned by 11 index including field and international databases such as MLA, WorldCat, AsosIndex, Sobiad